View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #31
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
Everybody has been talking about how our bad start last season cost us playoffs. Out of curiosity, I looked at how devastating our current poor start has been on our chances (albeit after the last 2 wins). We're at 48%. Not that this should surprise anyone, but our bad start really hasn't tipped the scale.

At the extremes, Edmonton (ick) is at 77% (6-1-0) and Buffalo is at 35% (1-3-2). In summary, about a tenth of the way through the season, nothing is decided. Shocking!

Source: SportsClubStats, using 50/50 weighting as it's too early to weight based on performance
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W.../Calgary2.html
I'd rather this thread doesn't turn into looking at sports club stats. We all know it's out there. I look at them too. Perhaps that can be another thread that you start. There are a ton of different metrics and graphs, including just looking at the standings. I don't want this thread to get derailed. The whole spirit of this thread, and the snakes, is that the Flames need not look at what the other teams are doing, and need to only focus on getting to at least 96 points. That's why I took Edmonton's snake out this year. It doesn't matter what they do. I left in the prior year snakes as a comparative snake journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post: