View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 09:11 AM   #34
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Anyway, the short wait for the chair thing is huge for them, because I would have assumed a decent wait. So that's good. I see COP as a very poor stand-in for the local hills when I was in Vancouver... ~20 minutes from downtown, open at night after work, so you get some turns in when you don't have the time to drive the hour and a bit to Whistler. The downside there, though, is the lift lines, which are soul-crushing. Those hills just go completely over capacity. It's crowded like nothing anyone who's been here their whole lives has ever experienced.

But even if you're getting a lot of laps at COP, aren't they like 20 second laps? What they have to offer seems to me like it eliminates the point for anyone who isn't just learning. I feel like if I went there all I'd end up doing is short turns to try to burn my legs up and extend the time it takes to get back to the chair, and at that point you might as well just be in the gym doing leg press.
Yeah that's not crazy. I wouldn't go without my family and it is best for learners. But at that, it's exceptional. The sheer quantity of runs you can get in during a short window of time (factoring in travel time) is unbeatable and certainly gives a family a richer experience than leg presses at the YMCA.

Last edited by Sliver; 09-02-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: