View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 06:10 AM   #32
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I have never been to COP. I can't imagine how it could possibly be any fun unless you're into park / pipe.

Mountaineer Lodge mid season is like $120 bucks for a room. Nothing remarkable about it one way or the other, perfectly serviceable.
Yeah, like undercoverbrother said, I have kids so that would be a big factor; however, I've come to love the facility independent of having kids. It's an active thing to do during the winter along the same lines of hopping on my bike for a short ride in the summer, or in lieu of going to a movie.

The hill doesn't hold my attention for much beyond a couple hours at a time. It's fun to practice technical skills. My wife and I will do switch days when we go and she's getting to the point of being an ambidextrous snowboarder, which is an awesome skill to have that not enough riders hone.

I'm getting a bit old for the park (39), but I still have enough jam in me to hit the pipe and show my kids what's what in there.

With the hill being so small and the two quads being detachable high speed, you get a ton of runs in during a short time. On the busiest days you aren't waiting more than one minute to get on the chair. Literally. It's nuts. We park at the top of the hill in whatever neighbourhood that is, walk 20 steps and strap in. We're riding within five minute of pulling up to the hill.

COP is the best sports facility in Calgary.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote