View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #186
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
I would definitely like to see them keep Anfield too. I've been there on a stadium tour but never seen a game. Hopefully in the next couple of years I'll make it out to one. The surrounding area is an absolute disaster zone though, and a lot of work would have to go into it to make it respectable.

When I was in Liverpool last year, I tried to buy tickets to a sold out game outside the stadium, with the plan that if I couldn't get them I would just go watch it in a pub near the stadium. We weren't even able to watch it in a pub though, as the only 2 pubs we could find within walking distance were complete dives. The one didn't even have the game on at all since their TVs were broken, and the other had one little tiny TV with the game on that we couldn't even see because there were so many people surrounding it. It made me appreciate how easy it is to watch the Flames play in this city since you are never more then 5 minutes away from a pub with multiple HD widescreen TVs.

Its a tough call for what to do with Kenny. The first half of the season we looked pretty good, and all we really lacked was a goal scorer. If I knew we could play at the level for a whole season, I would be ok with seeing Kenny in charge with an extra striker brought in this summer and Lucas returning to the lineup.

On the other hand, the second half of this season has been downright ugly. We have been wildly inconsistent, have been in the press for negative reasons, and still can't score goals.

I wouldn't want to see Kenny ousted just for the sake of change, but if FSG has a manager in mind that they think could be a long-term solution then I would be perfectly happy with the move.
Love Google Maps for this type of thing...

NSFW!

NSFW!

NSFW!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post: