View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #183
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
I read a lot on some of the Liverpool fan forums, and there are a few posters who claim to have inside info who are saying 2 things:

1) Liverpool will soon announce that they plan to stay at Anfield by redeveloping the stadium and the surrounding area, and

2) Dalglish will be stepping down from his position, but will likely stay on with the club in another role.

Obviously this is far from being official, but a few people seem to agree that these things will both happen.
I think both of these would be great for the club. It may just be for selfish reasons (since I still haven't been to Anfield), but I would really like to see them keep the old ground. I think English football still has a lot of magic in some of their old stadiums, and it's a shame to think of clubs replacing them for bowls like the Emirates.
And on Dalglish, I think every LFC supporter can appreciate what he has done as a custodian, but it does seem like the time to pass the torch. I just hope his replacement is somebody with a vision the team can get behind, and a reputation the players respect.
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote