View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #1259
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Am finally getting to re-configure my basement family room into a home theater. Progress so far is ordering an Epson 3100 projector. Still an open question is whether to go with a 120" or a 128" screen. The room is 16' x 33', screen will be at one end and seating will be at about 16' back from the screen. Centering the 128" screen would give me about 3 ft on each side of the screen for speakers. Is that enough or should I give them a bit more room? Planning on having the fronts on stands, side surrounds mounted on the walls beside the seating, and centre below the screen tilted up a bit. Not in the budget to buy an acoustically transparent screen. Projector will be ceiling mounted.

Sound-wise, I bought off a friend a 10 yr old Pioneer Elite 7.1 receiver (VSX-91TXH) and a 5.1 set of NHT speakers of about the same vintage. If I were to add rear surrounds about 14 ft behind the seating area, how critical is it to find something to match up with the rest of the speakers? Also, another perhaps dumb question - I have a spare Polk subwoofer, if I wanted to do two subs they should probably be the same not one NHT and one Polk I am guessing?

Appreciate any and all input as this is the first time I have set something like this up.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote