View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #66
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

More press for Fox: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...like_a_fox.php

Quote:
It is rare for a freshman, let alone a freshman defenseman, to make a huge impact in the ECAC. For Harvard's Adam Fox, the transition to the college game has proved to be a smooth one. In a sense, he has already become the most dynamic defender in the league.

His impact, and that of his classmate, John Marino, has made a world of difference for an offense that already was one of the best in the country.

"There is no question that the two young defensemen have given up some new dimensions on the blueline," Harvard coach Ted Donato said. "Adam has become a dynamic, offensive player for us. I think you would be hard pressed to find any player that has come in to have 16 points in his first 11 games."
Quote:
For Harvard he has done everything. He has become the talented Crimson's top defender. He has taken an intregral role and ran with it.

"Coming I was just trying get as big of a role as I could," Fox said. "I wasn't coming in with expecations of being a certain guy. I was coming in to work hard and to have as big of an impact as I could. I am trying to capitalize on the opportunity."

It is clear what he offers; his skating is smooth, he sees the ice well and his ability to move the puck around the zone is a skill set that rivals the best defenders in the ECAC, who are much older than he is.

He plays on both the power play and penalty kill. Few freshmen come into college hockey and are expected to play in all situations but he has done so, helping Harvard to some of the best special teams in the country, including a 31-percent rate on the power play, where Fox has 10 points.