View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 11:23 PM   #12
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Guys like Hathaway and Agostino will make strong pushes for roster spots as well IMO.

Competition will be thick once again.
Of the two, I think Hathaway is more complete right now then Agostino and probably will take a spot from him if it came down to just the two of them. I'd also prefer to see Hathaway in a spot where he might rotate through the pressbox over Agostino who could use some more playing time to develop his game.

Agostino is either going to be an exact copy of Jooris or need another year. He almost has the same career path as Jooris right now where he struggled early in the season and figured things out closer to the end. He's definitely ahead of where Jooris was offense wise, but it all came in the last month. I think if Agostino goes back to the AHL, it wouldn't be too devastating and I am sure he would be called back up. Normally I would say "needs to show more consistency in the AHL before going to the NHL" but Jooris and then Ferland have shown how that's really not the measuring stick for Harlley putting guys in the NHL.

It is going to be a fun camp. Bunch of kids who have seen there is a chance to make it even if you weren't on the radar the previous year all fighting it out. The preseason will be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
While watching Poirier with the Flames, he's looked a little small and not as aggressive as in junior. If he can put on some muscle maybe he'll have a chance to crack the line up as well.
I wouldn't mind seeing Poirier get a little more time in the AHL either, he seemed to be missing a little bit at the NHL level that he has at the AHL level. He has hard hitting and very aggressive closing out the year in the AHL and didn't seem to show that in the NHL when he got that last call up. It's only his first year in the AHL, a little more time will probably do him good. He's a player better off getting big minutes in the AHL then rotating through the pressbox in the NHL.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post: