View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #16
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
How can you ask for more money if there's no more money?

Especially since its doubtful that USA Hockey pays the mens teams any wages seeing as they're all NHL'ers.
I'm guessing US Hockey is doing just fine.
Again the question shouldn't be about who brings in more revenue. If that is the argument that US Hockey uses, then they are likely contradicting their mandate, which I'm sure is based on growing the game and producing top level talent.

The best athletes/teams are always going to bring in more attention/money and that's the point. You use the money generated from those top tiers to develop the lower tiers.

I'll concede that if the men's team doesn't make any money then yeah, the argument is a little weak as it boils down to "Being a top tier athlete is hard and causes financial burdens".
Every speed skater, cross country skier, and a whole host of others have to deal with that. But if the US team is treating the men and women differently then they really do have a strong point.

If they truly want to use the fact that the men make more money, and therefore deserve more attention/support then they really should change their motto to "Get Money, F*** B******".

Last edited by Bring_Back_Shantz; 03-15-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote