Thread: [CP Story] Banking on Bennett
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #54
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
But they're related. Not to suggest that Bennett's troubles this year are solely due to Brouwer (They're not) but near everyone who plays with Brouwer has been the dogs breakfast and Bennett hasn't played with any skater more then Troy Brouwer.

Replace Brouwer with someone that can skate of 3rd line or higher quality and Bennett looks way better. I mean at this point I'm basically praying that McPhee liked him (Brouwer) when he was with the Capitals and Treliving is smart enough to not protect him.
I don't want to derail this thread, but I think it is important to keep in mind that Brouwer looked a hell of a lot better in the early part of the season before his hand injury. Some of this has to do with playing with Tkachuk and Bennett, but I don't think we should overlook the real possibility that he has been affected all year by lingering effects of his injury.

In short, I am not ready to offload Brouwer at all costs. It has been an awful year for him (which happens to a lot of players), and I am eager to see how he will respond with a clean slate next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote