View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #304
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

There is an argument for opportunity and linemates being a reason his point production is not high, but the counter point to that is why doesn't he get an opportunity or line mates, and part of that reason is an inability to produce when given those opportunities and linemates.

He doesn't get PP time because he's not showing a ton of skill or possession numbers when he gets the chance.

Someone will have to let me know if i'm doing this right, but looking at his advanced stats for the powerplay, he looks like he's barely more productive than Chiasson and less productive than just about every other Flame for every 60 minutes of PP time.

Again, someone will have to let me know if I"m reading and using these statistics properly, but at a -1.9 CF% and 6 full-time forwards ahead of him, he doesn't really belong in a situation heavy on offensive skill. Combine that with the Flames having a large amount of their team skill on defence and there just aren't situations where he's going to beat out a better offensive player for minutes unless there is an injury in the top 6.

With the addition of Lazar, things could get even tough for Bennett in this regard.

If we got a Sean Coutourier instead of a Sean Monahan on our hands, I'm fine with that.

Maybe Cody Eakin as a career comparable?
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote