View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #12
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem with TBL is it's just a spectacle for TV. None of this is sustainable living.

I've been coaching a friend of mine in Edmonton (not professionally or anything) and starting from 365 lbs in mid-November of 2015, he's down over 80 lbs and is on pace to be down 100 lbs in July. All from making sustainable adjustments to his diet, tracking his macros and calories. No exercise required; he's not ready for that (by his own admission), but when he is, it'll be gradually introduced and light due to a pre-existing knee injury from high school sports.

All I did was advise him how his diet needs to be adjusted, gave him a calorie range to stay within, and for the first few weeks, exchanged texts pretty much daily to ensure he was comfortable with the process, to field any dietary questions, and provide support. Now, we touch base on progress every week or so simply because I'm excited to hear how well he's doing, not necessarily to coach him... I don't really need to, because how he eats is a part of his lifestyle now.

If you approach the process for your weight loss as a temporary change to reach a goal, you're going to fail and you're going to get fat again. I already learned that the hard way once. You have to embrace it as a change to how you live. If you want to eat like you did when you were 400 lbs, it needs to be a once-a-month sort of treat, or you're going to be 400 lbs again.

For anyone curious, I introduced him to keto. I use it for my cuts now.
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: