View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #550
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
It kind of blows my mind that this is a thing in Calgary. I grew up here. I know plenty of people from all races and walks of life. It's a fairly white city we've got here, but there are still lots of people of colour. All colours. Black, brown, red, yellow... But mostly white. Vast majority is white. And the funny thing is, most of the criminals I know are white. So what's with these cops racially profiling in fricken Calgary? Are we in Compton? Mexico? On a reserve? In Vietnam? I just don't get how it's reasonable to assume that a non white person in this city is more likely to be a criminal, when it's at least 70% white around here. It really surprises me that I hear stuff like this over and over. Even guys who can't get into a bar because they're brown...errr...because their shoes aren't dressy enough. Damn.
Thats been my experience too.

Most of the people of colour that I know are immigrants and the vast majority of them just want to steal our jobs work to get ahead.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote