View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #47
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I suppose the prospect of driving at a speed that won't require you to closely monitor parked vehicles to the point where you are unable to focus on the road in front of you is beyond the pale?
I actually speed to the degree I'd ever have to worry about it extremely infrequently.

To suggest everyone should just do the speed limit, and thus everything will be safer is completely naive, and an extension of the attitude towards enforcement that is currently doing nothing to serve safety.

There is always going to be someone late for something. There will always be 18 year old males. Within the current framework, there will always be speeders on the road.

The question should be, how can we increase safety in that context?

I don't believe the answer is visible photo radar units on the side of the road. You are guaranteed to have speeders scanning the roof of every parked car instead of paying attention.

I think that if photo radar isn't completely obscure, it is dangerous. I'd rather have permanent and well signed speed cameras at problem locations, as I could at least buy that they are possibly contributing to safety.

Having drivers play "Where's Waldo?" at the wheel is a terrible idea.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote