View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #2086
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
These are two equally ludicrous scenarios you have portrayed. I thought that I was bad at speculating.
Well then enlighten us? Perhaps Burke doesn't actually spend time around the Flames office and has no clue or input as to what goes. I'm sure he doesn't even meet with Treliving!!

Yes, that sounds like Brian Burke, the guy who gets into shouting fights with ticket holders.

Can people not simply look back at the Burke interviews when he was hired? Or the interviews when Treliving was hired? We know Treliving answers to him on hockey related matters. So what, an 18 million dollar contract in Troy Brouwer somehow didn't make it across the desk of the President of ####ing Hockey Operations for approval? Is that seriously being questioned right now?!?! What do people think the term operations mean? Or better yet, what do people honestly think happened? Burke heard about it in the papers the next day?

I guess some people just want to believe Treliving has the keys and has pure autonomy despite being in a position of lesser rank. How to argue against such a realm of crazy? I actually didn't call anyone an idiot. But I don't need to either.