View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #74
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier View Post
You think they're spending to the cap max (Hudler, Wideman, etc) is for anything else then win now? The mandate is the same... win now, for sure. Their actions show it, their words show it... 2nd round pick for Cammalleri, bring in Ramo too so if (?) Kiprusoff retires next year, there is a goaltender still there to "win now" ... even if Iginla is gone, I bet its still "win now" ...

Honestly I am okay with that but what I am not okay with is not trying to get younger even if it means trading Iggy, Kipper, Bouw etc for futures. The mandate should always be win now nothing would be worse than getting a losing culture like Edmonton has. They sold the fans and team that they are rebuilding and expect to suck for a while. That cutlure is embedded in the veterans, and passing down to the kids.

I would be happy if the Flames did a massive sell job on their veterans this year putting Iggy, Cammy, Bouw, Kipper, and maybe even Tangs and Gio on the market. Recoup first rounders, NHL ready prospects, and young players. They can enter the draft with tons of cap space, a top 5 pick, and tons of movable assets. Teams will be buying out overpaid stars, and other teams will be shedding big money and if the Flames have the assets to make some moves they can re-tool quickly and be back in the mix next year with a stud prospect added to their stable
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote