Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupofjoe View Post
HDR Real Scene Peak Brightness - Measurement for brightness for HDR sets

Samsung KS-8500 (Ultra HD Premium certification aka 'the alliance' = 467 cd/m2
M series = 310 cd/m2

source is rtings.com

50% brighter is not just a couple of nits....

Again there is nothing wrong with M-series. There is better (yes more expensive) options that are better at HDR. All I am trying to point out is if the primary use is for watching UHD blurays, I would recommend to my clients stretching the budget if possible.
Funny, the rating I read was 413cd/m2. Regardless, Dolby vision requires 1000cd/m2 fully, so your example isn't great either 😉

Now, the key question is this.... What will be the purpose of the television? Plenty of people just will not buy a blu ray player or blu ray disks. We are in a world of streaming content, and the vast majority of people will watch cable, Netflix and not much else. You start in a thread where someone is asking about 4k, and if there is any advantage to not running though his receiver. So that got explained by myself and a couple others, and forgive me if I'm going to be harsh here, but you sound like a salesman. You insist he would be happier watching television, and occasional blu rays, and streaming television no less by spending thousands more on an "alliance" certified television. Talk about not listening to your clients needs instead of just pushing them to spend more.

OP, go buy the m70. You'll be super happy with it, the picture quality is amazing, the motion handling is nearly the best of all TV's, the low latency input is second to none, and when AND IF you ever buy a player and want to watch a blu ray, your set is HDR10 ready and you won't miss a single thing the "alliance" says you will buy spending over twice as much. Spend smarter!