Thread: school me in 4k
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #35
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupofjoe View Post
This is a performance specification just like THX is to audio, these tv's have to meet certain performance standards in order to be included. The M series is not bright enough which will hurt it's HDR's performance. The post is updated from my understanding regularly, the M series simply just didn't make the grade as it was not certified by the alliance. Doesn't necessarily make the M series a bad TV just not the best option for HDR.

On a side note, I highly recommend to my clients to always get an extended warranty on TV's, failure rates on virtually all brands is terrible IMO. Usually extended warranties are cash grabs but I do recommend them for tv's.
Lol. "the alliance"..well if someone wants to pay a thousand or two difference for a couple extra nits of brightness, all the power to them. The M is bright enough to make my eyes water, so I'm not sure what they're watching! You won't be disappointed with the M, think of the playoff tickets you can buy with the cash you save!

Now on the warranty front, Costco sells the extended for $99, and that then totals 5 years, hassle free. No brainer. They'll even come get it

Last edited by Aleks; 03-08-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote