Thread: school me in 4k
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #26
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
Relax Corsi. I didn't say you were stupid, I said that chart is stupid. There are too many variables involved to make a chart stating that at x feet away you need a y size screen to notice a difference. Like you said, different screen qualities, features, and even eyesight make it nearly impossible to come up with a magic formula like this chart implies there is. I even stated that the difference between 1080 and 4K isn't as huge as the marketing suggests and that video sources are so compressed that it doesn't matter much anyway.

The point I was trying to make is that 4K is pretty much the standard for TV's in 2017 and that the OP should future proof his investment by making the jump now. The real bonus is that a current model 4K screen is going to come with a lot of features that will pay off in the years to come as well, such as CEC, HDR, Dolby Vision, etc.
The chart is stupid. Anyone can walk into a store and immediately see the difference between a 1080p and a 4k screen. It wasn't even close when I was doing my shopping, to the point where you could pick them out long before walking up to the wall. The pixels on a large format 1080p screen are quite large.......I'm talking 65-80" screens where it was most apparent.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote