View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Default Friedman: Ducks really like Sam Bennett

from his 30 thoughts article were he suggests the Ducks might be willing to consider moving one of their defenders for Bennett, but he questions if they would do a deal with Calgary.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...d-dubas-leafs/

Quote:
6. No post-elimination injury revelation sent bigger shockwaves than Anaheim’s. When GM Bob Murray revealed torn labrums will knock out Hampus Lindholm four to five months and Sami Vatanen potentially longer because his is “worse,” the number one question coming from other teams was some variation of, “How much longer is ‘worse?’”

With the expectation that Cam Fowler is working towards an extension, the Ducks have decisions to make. (Very) Informal polling among Murray’s peers indicates most don’t think it will be Lindholm. “A stop sign goes up whenever you ask about him,” one said.

They have real potential to hit a home run with this deal, but if you need one of Anaheim’s defencemen to help you make the playoffs next year, are you willing to wait a month into the season for him? What if it’s two, or three?

7. Murray’s patterns are very interesting. He made two important deals with Vancouver (Kevin Bieksa and Ryan Kesler) and one with Edmonton (Patrick Maroon), but if you really look at his major trades, he prefers to go to the Eastern Conference. Bobby Ryan went to Ottawa, Kyle Palmieri to New Jersey, James Wisniewski to Carolina, Carl Hagelin to Pittsburgh, Frederik Andersen to Toronto. He’s done two deals with Jim Rutherford. I counted four with Marc Bergevin and three in the last calendar year with Lamoriello.

I can’t see him keeping one of these defenders west, unless he covets the third-overall pick from Dallas. I’ve heard the Ducks like Sam Bennett a lot, but would they really want to do this deal with Calgary?

Last edited by sureLoss; 05-27-2017 at 09:00 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote