View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #294
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

thought you could clearly see the difference between a playoff and a non-playoff team yesterday. The Flames looked ready and mature out there while the Kings absolutely deserve to miss the postseason if you ask me. Simply not good enough and the window is closing quickly. Also I think that Kopitar contract is going to look REALLY ugly in a couple of years. Didn't look anything like the "old" Kopitar in any games I've seen of him this year and that's a really bad sign in the first year of an 8 yr/80m contract.

The thing that's probably impressed me the most this season is how the Flames clog it up in the third period when they have a lead. Their great record when leading after 40 is no coincidence, they do an amazing job taking away time and space when the other team needs a late goal. Have to hand it to the coaching staff - like many others, I was very vocal against them in October/November, but they have done an amazing job. Liked what I saw from Lazar, looks like a guy with energy and a bit of edge to his game and I think he can be really good on a line with Bennett next year. Also loved the smile after getting high-sticked lol, how can you not love the kid?

Finally, hats off to Mr. Treliving. The addition of Michael Stone has had a huge impact on this team and getting him for a mere 3rd rounder is outstanding GMing. Hope to see him re-signed because having a competent #4 defenseman alongside Brodie makes a huge difference.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: