View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #596
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
I don't think he's a bad coach but I think it's obvious the offense as currently designed has hit a wall, and the defense is nothing special. The team needs not only new ideas but also a new attitude that takes the players out of their comfort element. Hiring new coaches is always risky; they have greater odds of failing than succeeding, and there isn't anyone currently looking for work who's an obvious fit for this team. After his success with the 905, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what Stackhouse can do, although he might be more appropriate as a 'rebuild' coach than a getting to the next level coach.

With Orlando getting a new GM, perhaps their new GM decides to move on from Vogel, in which case he would be the top candidate. But he also wasn't the problem in Orlando (a lot of bad trades and mediocre drafting were) so maybe the new GM keeps him.

My dream will always be the Raptors bringing over the Euroleague's Popovich, Zeljko Obradovic as coach, but I know that's not realistic.
I'm curious if you think this team as constructed has the ability to 'get to the next level'? Personally I think they are what they are, and are soon to be on the down swing with teams like Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Miami quickly closing the gap.

Re-signing Lowry/Ibaka only delays the inevitable, and you're looking at 2-3 years more of playoff basketball before they plummet down the Eastern standings IMO. Playoff basketball, what you see is what you get. They'd be competitive with most teams besides Cleveland, though I fear Boston may soon be in that unbeatable category after they add to their team with the upcoming lottery pick.

The Raps days of being an upper echelon team in the East may be done as of next year...so I guess I'm saying, I think a 'rebuild' coach like Stackhouse wouldn't be such a bad thing, since the organization should consider going that route IMO in the near future.
howard_the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote