View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #72
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad Grilli will be back, I just hope they find a better option for an 8th inning hold guy.

It looks like Greg Holland will hit the market and I sure hope the Jays sign him. He's coming off TJS but by next spring he should be ready to go, and if he comes back at even 80% of what he was prior to his injury he'd be a hell of a pick up for the BP. Probably be a bargain too on a shorter term "show me" type contract.

Another guy to look at might be Hochevar, also out of the KC bullpen.

Sure doesn't look like there is much on the market for solid lefty BP options either, after Chapman (who will be way too expensive) I'd say Cecil might be the best optin of the bunch. I'm kind of surprised he wasn't re-signed, but I guess it makes some sense with his struggles early in the season.

Having a strong pen will be huge for the Jays next year, so hopefully Shapiro/Atkins find the right guys right off the hop. With the rotation this team has, if they get the right bullpen to back it up this team is very likely going to push for playoffs again even if with the likely loss of EE, Saunders and Bats on offense.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: