View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #69
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
Biagini should get stretched out in the off season. He has the pitch mix to be used in that type of role. I actually think he could be really good as a starter. With his Sinker, guys are continually pounding it right into the turf and sometimes the ball takes too long to get to the fielder, with a few mph off that, guys are probably going to put more wood on it and it will roll over to the fielders easier. There were a few times that I thought he had really unfortunate luck early in the season with the amount of infield singles he had against him.

Worst case scenario one of Liranio, Stroman, Estrada, Happ or Sanchez get hurt and he takes the 5th, spot. Best case is he goes back in the bullpen as your long reliever out of the pen and used in higher leverage situations.

There is talk of it happening out there among media and fans. Makes sense to me too. The Jays rotation is awesome, but the problem is after those 5 starters there is no depth, and no one really on the farm ready to step up yet. Jays shouldn't have too much trouble signing some depth starting pitching although they probably won't be very good if needed for too many innings. Stretch Biagini out next year and hope he does well, then the next year hopefully he can step into the rotation because in 2018 both Liriano and Estrada slated to be free agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Is Floyd back? He could also easily eat some innings.
He can't easily eat innings though.

Those are his innings pitched the last 4 seasons. He's the definition of band aid, and can't be relied upon.

Too bad though, because he was actually pretty good in the 31 innings he did pitch for the Jays this year.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: