View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #364
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
I disagree. Having spent 8 years in the south, (Half in south Carolina and half here in Oklahoma) I can confirm America sucks. It's not some small percentage of vocal folks. It's quite a large percentage that are against education, women, minorities, non Christians, etc... I even have redneck family back in illinois that spend all day posting confederate flag memes on Facebook. It's disgusting. I remember the first time someone in SC told me that the civil war wasn't about slavery, but state's rights. Blew my mind.

Anywho, I think you'll find much of the harshest criticisms on here are from is Americans. I genuinely wonder if I should move to a different country. This one seems to not be a good fit for me.
I just wanted to step in and say for every racist or ignorant American you knew, I also knew the same number that were wonderful accepting people just wanting to live their lives in a normal peaceful manner.

I lived in parts of SoCal and although I came across racists, I met far more intelligent, polite and tolerant folks. I agree with the OP that Canadians bash America way too much and it makes them look ignorant.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote