View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #56
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post

Frolik playing LW is something that's been debated in various threads here and there, and it makes some sense: it allows Brouwer to slot in on the right side and maybe regain some mojo playing beside two much better players. Also, Frolik is a left-handed shot and played left wing for much of his Panthers and Blackhawks career... heck, he even centred the Hawks' Saad-Frolik-Kane line for awhile.

Ferland's "proper position" is both wings. I mean, did he not play right wing on the top line for much of the second half of last season? Not sure why you're listing him as a strict gauche man.

Also, I'm willing to bet a fair sum of cash that Bouma won't be in the NHL next year.
I guess what I meant by proper position is the one that they are traditionally slotted to play.

Frolik was brought in as a utility player so I guess he can swing back to LW, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that the Flames really don't have any other effective RWer's. So why take the only guy who plays that side well?

Ferland is a LW that actually played decent on the top line RW, but is a natural RW. That's why I listed him in the unknown section. He is a LW but can play on that top line RW, but I don't think that is the best possible soluition.

And I would take that bet on Bouma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Frolik is a LW/RW. Ferland is a LW/RW. Hudler was a LW/RW.

Lots of wingers have no problems switching sides. Which is why some of us think Tkachuk up with Gaudreau-Monahan might be worth a try at some point in the future.
Yup, I agree with most of that, as said above.

Last edited by theslymonkey; 06-26-2017 at 04:50 PM.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote