View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #15
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally, I only find it torturous for the first 5 of minutes of a run and wonder why the hell I am doing this again, and then after everything is fine.

No particular favourite runs, just ones that are convenient. I hop on the bus after work and get myself dropped off somewhere close to 10km away from home and start my run from there. Fridays I try to go a bit longer and go from downtown along the Bow River pathway and then up the Nose Creek pathway and through Confluence Park, etc. I run 4 days a week.

I used to just use my phone to track GPS, but I picked up a second-hand Polar M200 watch for $90 with a an optical HRM and that has been nice. I don't know what to do with the HRM information. It pretty much tells me what I expect. When I am stuck at a traffic light my HR goes down, when I am climbing a hill my HR goes up. I have seen it trend down though over the last few weeks. I used to peak at around 180 on some hills, and now its more in the 160 area. I guess that's good. My pace is about 5min/km.

Hate trail running or non-solid, uneven surfaces. Dry pavement is my favourite.

Have never done an organized run of any kind. Just myself, or one other person. I have been thinking of signing up for the Melissa's Road Race in Banff in September.

Is anybody interested in starting / joining a Strava CP running group?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote