View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #201
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube Inmate View Post
What sticks out at me is that 2014-15 was a consistent team. Outside of the one stretch of 20 (or so) obviously streaky games, they never deviated by more than a couple of points from their average pace (a 97-point team). They kept bumping into the black line; a little above or a little below...they were always close for 3/4 of the season.

Last year's team was all over the map, rarely being close to their (ultimate) average pace. There was really no point during last season where you could have accurately extrapolated a "pace" and come up with the right result. Unfortunately, this year's snake looks similarly inconsistent so far. Until we start to see them develop a consistent trend, all the snake says to me right now is "could go anywhere!"

I'm glad the recent trend is UP. But when I see about 20+ games that actually fit a straight line fairly well...then I'll feel comfortable starting to extrapolate.

The huge difference between last year's run and the present one is how they have looked on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: