View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #6
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I will also give credit to physical lectures allowing for debate on issues, which I think is healthy if done in a structured and moderated environment.

One of the best classes I took was a Model EU Council meeting, where every class was a round table council meeting, where we represented a country with their different viewpoints.

I can honestly say, while I will never use EU council information in my career, the simulated debate environment was absolutely helpful to improving public speaking, debate, and critical thinking skills. When I did UN and NATO simulations, these helped tremendously as well, more than any Statistics, Finance, or Supply Chain course ever did for me personally.

So to expand on my earlier point, there is benefit for social congregation of classmates, but the nature of a "class" should be less lecture based and more collaborative and social engaged in nature. Doesn't always have to be project work, but issue debating as well.

The ability to come to decisions in an environment that is mutually gainful for all is an invaluable skill that more people really should learn.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: