View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 08:56 AM   #21
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
r... but for reasons I still don't understand, I just suddenly decided I needed to sell off a bunch of the stuff and focus on different hobbies.

I still don't fully get it. When it comes to complex HiFi stuff, I just suddenly feel this weird ennui and nervousness around it.
I blame the vast majority of mastering engineers in most genres (outside of, essentially, film scores and classical) for the compression of dynamics in the vast majority of recordings. When the music we listen to itself is not "hi-fi", it doesn't matter how good your gear is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I have very little idea what any of that meant... but as long as it makes you happy, sounds good to me.

I have a feeling you've spent a lot of time on www.audiosciencereview.com?
Tbh, no, although I've come across it at times while looking for equipment measurements. Seems to be a decent site.

Most of what I've learned would have been from diyaudio.com and the parts-express tech-talk forums, along with dozens of industry white papers and a few books written by industry pros

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 10-18-2023 at 08:59 AM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: