View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #2406
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Does it matter if Uber is doomed? Prices likely go up but now that they did the leg work getting taxi laws restructured someone more efficient should fill the gap.
I mostly put that link here because I thought the article is worth reading and this thread made sense as a place to put it. Uber is a rather symbolic company in good ways and bad, so whether or not it's going to fail is I think an interesting question in itself.

I do have a personal dislike for this kind of business practice, but my personal decision to not use Uber is also very much connected to how I see the taxi system in Helsinki. (In other words: I don't think the taxi system in Helsinki needs disrupting that bad.)

I have no comments on how the taxis are like in Calgary and whether or not they need disrupting. I'm just throwing the info out there for those that are interested.

I mean, you can easily argue that driving with Uber equals is essentially helping stupid people with too much money waste their investments, and I can certainly get on board with that
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
GGG