View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #493
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Its not about holding them responsible, its about the moderate Muslims starting to take back what is theirs and steer it in a direction that makes some level of sense. They need to start ranting and raving in protection of their religion as feverishly as these clowns do to hijack it.

The western world can say and do what it wants, nothing will change until these monsters are cast out of their own communities and lose all support.

It might be controversial to say, but Im sure just like there are people that feel intimidated by these groups, there are probably plenty of people at mosque's that turn the other cheek and stand aside just to see how wild the fire will grow. That's how kids from Calgary end up joining stuff like this, it doesn't just happen in isolation. You don't take over parts of countries and recruit people from around the world if you're just a loony toon on the side of the street.

I think its a systemic problem that can only be solved when Muslim communities (and I know that's an oversimplification, there are lots of sects and different groups) are more willing to look inwards and say, hey we have a problem here. Why are these guys hijacking my religion to do vile things? We have to put a stop to this.

Honestly if Muslim communities globally, openly and loudly renounced groups likes this with a unified voice, it would be over for ISIS. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Recruitment would drop to nearly zero.
I think a problem is that the majority of muslims from places like Saudi are pretty conservative and probably aren't all that unhappy when ISIS offs Christians.

Sufi Muslims seem to be the most progressive of the lot and they are constantly getting attacked by the more extreme Muslim groups.

If the Muslim community won't stand against that, I don't see much hope that they will stand against anything else.

Last edited by Oil Stain; 08-20-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote