View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #40
FlamingHabs Fan
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
No. It's really not.

Ovechkin would need the equivalent of SIX more 50-goal seasons to score 1,000. The greatest goal scorer of all time is on his way to his ninth in 15 years. I could see two more, because Ovechkin is just that good. But six? No chance in hell even the Great 8 is capable of that.

Let's say Ovechkin has another seven years, which would take him to 41-years old. In his last seven seasons Ovechkin has scored 329 goals. He is not going to replicate that over the next seven.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
The problem with your analysis is that he is increasing his goals per season if he stays on pace for the current year, so who really knows what is going to happen.

I agree it's a lot but give it 4 years and see where he sits.
Howe had 975 WHA & NHL combined, I think he wants that and then a 1,000 is right there.

Also Howe has 1071, Gretzky has 1072 total all-time NHL, WHA + playoffs for both leagues.
Ovi has 765 total right now (so 65 playoff goals), so he does 1,000 regular reason he for sure has total goals all-time, regular season, postseason total because I am sure he will get at least 8 playoff goals by the end of his career. He does have 55 + 2 postseason from Russia so he could add that in, but I think it wants it in NA leagues.

Bottom line, if the guy plays well into his 40s it is totally doable.

Last edited by FlamingHabs Fan; 02-23-2020 at 04:33 PM.
FlamingHabs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote