View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Fair enough. Let me put it this way.

Me and my best friend used to have this thing called the list. We took a lot of pride in the list. The List was our hall of fame of crap. The worst of the worst movies, because we took pride in watching bad movies.

But we set the rules.

1) It couldn't be a straight to video film, it had to have a theatre run.
2) If it had even one redeeming scene no matter how small it could only be voted into the List if we could find a third party vote to change the tie.

So to give you an example. Years ago there was a movie called the Hidden, starring Kyle MacClachlan. This was a story about alien body jumpers. It was horrible, terrible, fully list worthy. Except there was a scene where the evil alien who was a fan of thrash metal drove his Lamborgini in a high speed chase through a plan glass window and through a bunch of wheel char bound elderly people. It was a brilliant scene, well filmed, great sound track, laughable premise. But it was considered a redeemable scene, so it couldn't join Richie Rich and TomCats in the list hall of fame.

Star Trek V was in line for induction, except for that one scene. "Why does god need a starship"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote