View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Top 10's from your favorite franchise movies

I thought this would be fun. Pick your favorite movie franchise and gives us your top 10 moments from the franchise and worst 10 moments from the franchise that might have killed the franchise or forced it to reboot.

Now I could do Star Wars, but what fun would that be. But I will cheat a bit and do Star Trek.

Top 10

1) "I have always been and always will be your friend". Spock's death scene, TWOK
2) "Excuse me sir, can you direct us to the naval base in Alemeda, its where they keep the nuclear vessels". The whole stealing power from the nuclear vessels sequence in Star Trek The Voyage home.
3) The return of the enterprise scene in TMP. In a lot of ways the movie dragged and was a little two pastal, but that scene was a loving nod to the Enterprise
4) "You Klingon Bastard you killed my son" Star Trek III the murder of Kirks son, and Kirks very visual reaction to it. go back and watch it again, its unbelievable.
5) "Cry Havoc and let loose the Gods of war" - The whole casting of Christopher Plummer as the Shakespeare obsessed villain
6) "o the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee" Ricardo Montalbahn and his portrayal of Kahn in WOK. While he was a monster, he was actually a sympathetic villain created by circumstance and Kirk's ego.
7) "It wouldn't be an Enterprise without a Sulu on the bridge" Kirk meets Sulu's daughter in Generations.
8) The throw away lines in the original movies. "2nd Star and straight on til morning". "Out there . . . thataway". I loved those lines, so much better then "Engage"
9) The Kobyashi Maru at the Start of TWOK - "It really set the stage for Kirk for the rest of his life in the films "I don't believe in the no win scenario"
10 "Jim, your name is Jim" Spock comes back to life.

The 10 worst movies

1) "Can I touch your hair" - Shinzon pauses from his evil plan to kill Picard to creep out and then mind rape Troi.
2) The whole wedding scene in Insurrection. They basically bought Wesley back from the Phantom Zone and threw him on the Kiddies table. Oh and Worf becomes a comedy character, Brent Spiner feels the need to show off.
3) From the same movie. "Why do we need a crew, we have this here emergency tactical atari joystick.
4)
Lieutenant Commander Data: [about the Borg Queen] She brought me closer to humanity than I ever thought possible. And for a time, I was tempted by her offer.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: How long a time?
Lieutenant Commander Data: 0.68 seconds sir. For an android, that is nearly an lifetime".

Then Data smirks and puts out his cigarette and throws a 5 dollar bill on the Borg Queens night stand while Picard laughs and flexes his pecks. Its the start of Action Picard and Super Data.
5) "Excuse me, but what does God need with a Star Trek" Star Trek V, the villain is a computer graphic, the other villain is a Klingon in Drag, and the other villain is Spock's brother.
6) "Khaaaaaan" They try to recreate Ricardo Montalbahn with BC, and completely fail instead creating a completely new and uninteresting villain. Oh and Kirk dies instead of Spock aren't alternative timelines clever.
7) B-4 - Lets kill off Data . . .yeah the audience will be stunned, it'll be like when Spock died. Oh and resurrect him 10 minutes after the fact while peeing all over the audience. But I wrote a scene in Gladiator because I know what I'm doing.
8) The singing scene at the start of Insurrection. "Its the Picard and Data show, hey its Data the lovable Android, and me Picard the super talented action figure with action pecs"
9) Star Trek 5, McCoy and Spocko give up their anger and become mush. Kirk on the other hand needs his anger.
10) "I know this ship like the back of my hand . . . Wang" Scotty becomes a comedy prat fall character, because I'm in charge said the Shat, oh and lets make Uhura super horney.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: