View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #78
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I think it's already been done is my whole point? Go back to it. If you have to change it at all I'm ok with a small change or a shoulder patch, but go back to what the Flames always should have been.

Red/Gold/White ... no black, no vertical striping, no crazy slanted podium, no horse head.

Clearly all just my opinion, and I get that others like new and change, but I love the old Bruins jerseys, I'm glad Edmonton is back to the 80s look, would love to see the Jets bring back their old logo ... heck I love the old Kings purple jerseys. Only exception is the Canucks, I'm glad they went further back to the hockey stick, because the 80s were a mess for them.
Couldn't agree more. If you did a list of best pro sports jerseys/logos, the top ones are all pretty much guaranteed to have few or no changes to their jerseys since the beginning. Because they were great the first time.

It's like telling the Stones to stop using the lips because they've done it before. Well yeah, it's their logo and colors. It's kind of their thing.

It's why I like the cream ones from Split98. They are something different while also keeping in tune with the originals. And they look super classy. Plus the calgary tower patch, or the little flame on the shape of the province, or just the little flame on the cuff are all nice, unique possible additions.

Last edited by Coach; 07-30-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote