Thread: Theoren Fleury
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 07:47 AM   #13
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, not going to get worked up over whatever BS drama happens over twitter these days. Had enough of that the past couple years. All I will say is that I loved the player. Loved how he played for the Flames. Loved cheering for him during his comeback with the Flames when he scored the shootout winner. Love how he overcame many of his personal demons.

But I'll also say that during covid times, society as a whole should be coming together to take care and protect each other. Instead society's mask has been ripped off to clearly show who processes critical thinking skills and those of us who are just plain stupid and don't deserve the time of day. Sorry to say, but not everyone gets to fall into the 'smart' category just because they were childhood icons. I've had family members and some of my best friends expose themselves for the complete idiots they are and there's no hiding it anymore. Fleury falls into that category for me.

Don't really care what he has to say on twitter TBH. If he GYG so much, stop following him (and others like him), engaging those type of people and move on with your life.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote