View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #79
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
Awesome! I want to see Billins.

I don't care what happens to Bart anymore re: whether he sits or not. Not sure why its so hard for some Euro players to understand the three zone game the Flames want them to play. They only seem to be able to do one. Maybe the Flames just don't know how to coach Euro kids?

Bart's number are not good enough to make up for the mistakes he makes.

Backlund is playing a great 3-4C role, but should be able to compete for the 1-2C on this team.

Very strange. I hope the Flames stop drafting Europeans. IMO its better to let them learn somewhere else and then bring them in once they are established NHLers: i.e. Hudler.
I've only seen Baertschi improve his defensive game since the start of the season. The coaches can say whatever they want (they didn't say it was his defence this time), but he's not being sat because of that.

He's playing nervous and afraid to make mistakes, so when he has the puck he's trying to make quick plays to other players instead of slowing the game down a bit, which is how he's had success in the past. I guess the coaches want him to play a simpler game.

Personally, the perfect way to fix this is to put him on the PP where he has more time to make plays and doesn't have to force things that aren't available.

But the coaches prefer scratching him I guess.

If you don't want to draft Europeans, then you're missing out on players like OEL, Datsyuk, Koivu, etc... This should have nothing to do with nationality.

Last edited by Ashasx; 11-05-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post: