View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #509
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
That's pretty irrelevant here. He had also broken off contact with Martin and was returning to his truck. Martin was no longer in any kind of jeopardy. When Martin basically chased down Zimmerman pinned him down and started basically beating on him, he became the aggressor. Non of the prior pursuit at that point matters in this case.

Its not murder, its manslaughter at best. In the eyes of the law it could very well be defined as self defense.
The prosecution lawyers probably thought they had an uphill battle right from the start after the politically motivated charges from their fearful leader looking to push the decision onto a jury.

Generally, internally in the court room, the prosecution has not attempted to make any murder case based on race. That's pretty telling.

External to the court room, lots of people are still trying to whip up the race card, basically ignoring what's going on in the courtroom.

The prosecution seems to have given up on 2nd degree murder by agreeing with the defence that Martin being on top of Zimmerman is a credible alternative explanation. It was the prosecution that agreed in front of the jury there is reasonable doubt for murder.

Manslaughter is a possibility but I think the Creepy Cracker will walk. As he should.

Cowperson