View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #1
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:
Default Young guns/Rusty muskets

Ok, I've been thinking on this for awhile and Walken and co. basically forced me to create a thread. I had to do it.

Essentially this thread is a historical "bring it" for Flames fans.

An old preview from the 1999-2000 season.

Quote:
Who knew that Grant Fuhr would one day be the source of inspiration, rather than humiliation, for the Flames? Fuhr, who spent the better part of his 18-year goaltending career shutting down Calgary en route to winning five Stanley Cups in Edmonton, was acquired by the Flames from the Blues for a third-round draft choice on Sept. 4.
Ah ****

Quote:
While Calgary boasts a veteran defense anchored by Steve Smith and Phil Housley, its offense is characterized by youth and inexperience. That can translate into an inability to execute: Witness a 12-game stretch last spring in which the Flames scored just 17 goals. At 29, Steve Dubinsky is Calgary's oldest forward; after 22-year-old wing Jarome Iginla, who had 28 goals last year, 25-year-old forward Cory Stillman (27 goals) is the Flames' most promising scoring threat.
This made me howl the most though.....

Quote:
The all-rookie line of the team's last three No. 1 picks -- Daniel Tkachuk, Rico Fata and Oleg Saprykin -- has been impressive in camp and may end up being the No. 1 line.
C'mon, post your fondest/worst memories of the "Young Guns"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc...w/cgy_preview/

Last edited by Frank MetaMusil; 03-14-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post: