View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #492
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I was just in California at a symposium on education and military and there was lots of discussion about how Trump could be gone shortly. The Republicans already have a plan to ram as much stuff through as they can under Trump, then when he becomes no longer useful they will release some of the damaging stuff on him, like his tax returns. They'll have a full blown investigation where he is certain to purger himself, then they can impeach him and replace him with Pence. Trump takes all the blame, the Republicans drive home all their policies, and they come out squeaky clean. That from someone in uniform and pretty high up the pecking order in a geometrically designed building. I'll be honest, my blood ran cold. That is pretty much a bloodless coup d'etat.
I don't know a lot about how Presidential powers work, however I do tend to think that if Trump goes crazy on the military side of things that the joint chiefs of Staff will recognize an order that they can't follow and refuse to carry it out.

I also do think that reading up on James Mattis that he is a very good choice for Defense Secretary. He's as professional as they come as an officer.

I also think that when Obama sacked him over his arguments against the Iran deal that Obama made a mistake in terms of sacking a very good advisor voice because of his ego.

Even Mattis has said that as much as the deal with Iran isn't a great deal, its a deal that can't be rescinded now, hopefully Trump listens to him.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!