View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
There are a lot of building that have top level observation areas, seeing Manhatten from way above is actually really breath taking.

One of the real weird highlights was actually flying into LaGuardia (sp?) because the arrival runway extends out over water so it almost looks like your going into the drink before you set down, Its almost like a carrier landing.

Another real cool thing is when your departing which usually takes a while and you can see the private jet holding areas its almost like Trump has his own Lear Jet airforce.
I'd suggest going to Top of the Rock over the Empire State Building. You can book your time at the rock, so no waiting in stupid long lines with a bunch of mouth breathing Midwesterners.

The elevator also has a glass ceiling (at least it did a few years ago) which really opens the door for a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in joke.

Another couple of things I thought of, if you're looking for cool cocktail spots check out BoBo and Highlands in the West Village. Both are pretty easy to get a seat in relative to some of the more trendy spots and make really good cocktails with a lot of fresh ingredients. The beer garden at the standard hotel is a great time, although it can fill up on nice weekend days. There are obviously tons of other places too, I often use nymag.com for reviews.

I'll second the High Line as a must see, it's a really cool feature and not at all difficult to get to.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote