View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 01:20 AM   #28
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
However, this requires significant tightening up of rules for filing slips to the CRA on time. It's fricken 2024 and there's still major errors on slips or missing slips.
Its late and every time I close my eyes I see tax returns in my mind, so I wont address your entire post but this is one element I wanted to focus on.

2 Years ago CRA decided that they wanted Taxpayers to be more dependent on their database of online slips.

So, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to focus on the slips they control. ie. T4APs and T4AOAS.

Despite the fact that the demographic of individuals in this country who collect and claim these things are the least likely to have or understand access to their online accounts.

We're talking Seniors.

Did no one at the table of these discussions raise their hand to discuss the obvious problem here?

And dont for a moment think they havent tried again and again.

I had a 78 year old widow show up at my office yesterday for her appointment and she apologized because she didnt have her T4AP or T4AOAS.

I tell her, 'thats because they want you to get them digitally.'

No problem, I log in to grab them aaaaaand.....they ain't there. She has been collecting these for over a decade. They never mailed them to her and they're not posted online.

Its F###ing MARCH 28th!!

If I dont post my slips for clients by the end of February I'd be drawn and quartered in the Town Square. How on Earth could they not post or offer a CPP or OAS slip in nearly 3 months?

You know what its going to be. There is no reason.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote