Thread: Unlocked phones
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #5
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
If you are spending up to 3 weeks in the USA T-mobile has a pretty decent tourist sim card plan:

https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/...l-tourist-plan

$30 USD gets you 2GB of LTE speed with unlimited lower speed data, unlimited USA and international texting and 1000 minutes of USA talk time AND the SIM card.

Only drawback is the plan expires after 3 weeks and no renewals.

There are so many cheap pay as you go plans in the US as well that if you have the time to visit a store you can get a sim card for too.
I got this plan when I went to California last summer. When we went to a t-mobile booth, they tried to charge us a $15 fee for a sim card I believe, but we showed them on the website it states free. The employee tried to argue saying that's probably for online and so I had no option. I didn't have any of it so I went to another T-mobile booth and same thing so I almost believed it until another employee knew of the deal and said there was a special code they need to put in to waive it.

I'm not sure if it was just introduced when I tried to get it, but you should not have to pay for anything other than the $30 prepaid. It was a fantastic plan btw. We drove through 4 states, and had no reception issues. We were able to stream music the entire drive, and use it for GPS and finding out places to eat etc. Good thing because the GPS we got apparently was not updated recently and didn't work.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote