Thread: PlayStation VR
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #103
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I finally broke down and bought Batman: Arkham VR, since so many said it was one of the best PSVR experiences. I knew it was short, but I was surprised when I was done after about 1.5 hours. I was under the impression it was about 3-4 hours. There are Riddler puzzles to solve on a second playthrough which will really pad the time. I guess the "full" experience is about 4 hours with the second playthrough included.

It is a pretty good experience. Overall with PSVR my biggest complaint is the resolution is not always ideal. In Batman, most of what you look at is about 2-10 feet away (as in, your virtual self is indoor looking at items close by), and it really looks amazing at those distances. There is one scene when you are up high on a building, overlooking the traffic below, and it really triggered my fear of heights. Unfortunately, the cityscape is a bit of a blur because of the lack of resolution. I can just imagine in a few years when these headsets can pack in more pixels, it will really be amazing. For now, though, anything photorealistic has to be viewed up close.

So for Batman, it really is quite short. I don't really mind that. I find I get bored of games (like Arkham Knight), and so would rather a short, complete experience, rather than a padded out one.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote