View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #42
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
As an old school gamer who's never downloaded a full console game digitally, how does it work? If I download a single player game off PSN or Live, does it require me to "call in" once in awhile to verify I have a legit copy?

But the fact that my library of games can potentially be rendered useless in 20 years when no one plays the game anymore and I can't get the other side to "verify" my legit copy of the game is what's really turning me off to the Xbox One.
Yup, it is fairly straightforward. Sometimes you will need to download two "files" - a demo version and an unlock that basically removes the demo walls so that it is a full game. Not very painful. A slight hiccup might be HD space, I think some files are compressed and then need to be "installed" so that you'd need more than expected space. Again, not the end of the world.

For your 20 year thing - I look forward to seeing how Xbone handles first year suspensions, bans, hacks, lost of account access, etc. Have they thought it all through so that they have plans in place for people not to instantly lose all their prior retail game purchases. EA and other certainly didn't with their online offerings.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote