View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 11:37 PM   #1498
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Still a few games left to sort out the season but if the flames don’t get their game back in the next 2-3 games, they could end up dropping below Ottawa and Montreal who are both playing some of their best hockey of the season and both are 3 points back of the flames. That would put them at picking 6th overall. Arizona is 4 points back so they could catch the flames as well.

At 5th/6th overall, the flames are going to be in that range of picking a player that has a good chance to be the 3rd best player in this draft (behind Celebrini and Demidov). Guaranteed at least one of Dickinson, Helenius, Lindstrom, Yakemchuk, Levshunov and Catton are there. Iginla is not ranked that high right now but I wouldn’t count him out either… and not just for the flames… teams will be tempted by his skill set and pedigree.

If you told me 2 months ago there was a good chance the flames could get Lindstrom in this draft, I would have considered that a home run for them if they did. He’s still probably my top choice of that group but the injuries are starting to concern me. I wonder if the flames will be hesitant to pick him as well after what they have seen with Honzek over the last year. His ceiling is really high IMO so I still think it would be worth the risk. Every day we get closer to the draft, the more I want the flames to find a way to get another pick in the top 15 of this draft… please find a way Conroy.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote