View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #216
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyBeers View Post
Olli Jokinen, a thirty goal scorer at the time and a 3rd round pick was good enough to snag Phoenix a 1st rounder, Brandon Prust who was a servicable 3rd or 4th liner at the time and a young 2nd line center who was 27 at the time who had had one 46 point season and was on pace for close to a 50 point season at the time of the trade. I would suspect that a similar package would be available for Iginla.
Jokinen was about 5 years younger the Iginla is now and had another year on his deal (Iginla doesn't) and most people would say that in retrospect that deal ended up being a mistake... I don't think we can count on another team making a mistake. Even if Joker is comparable you can fast forward a year and a slumping Olli Jokinen in his contract year returned Ales "Moneypit" Kotalik and Chris "snakebit and soon to be a free agent" Higgins. I'm not saying that would be the return for Iggy (it'd be better then that) but the second Jokinen trade is closer to Iggy's circumstances (slumping and contract year) then the first Jokinen trade.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote