View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #23
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I've always found it ironic how religiously-governed countries, such as Pakistan, depend on science and technology advancements - two fundamental concepts completely devoid of religious influence - including the Internet, military capabilities and nuclear weapons, in order to bring living standards up for their people. But, they have no problem using these concepts to step ON these concepts in the name of religion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - humanity will benefit the most when religion finally establishes itself as a chapter in a history textbook, and nothing more.
My wife is from Pakistan. Corruption is a HUGE problem. Facebook should be held responsible as well. The guy being sentenced to death is a piece of #### but Facebook colluded with the Pakistani government to sentence him to death. Pakistan asked Facebook for help in catching blasphemers on Facebook a few months ago and looks like the help they provided led to this mans death. It's ####ing crazy there. Blasphemy laws are used to settle personal grudges more than anything and are used as a weapon against the Sikhs, Catholics and Hindus in Pakistan.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote