View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #14
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
i am placing no blame on you at all, this is just an observation. anytime you hire a trade to do work for you, always stay on top of them and ask questions. if anything doesn't look right, chances are it isn't. you pay them, they work for you, whether you get quality work done or not, you have to take some responsibility for hiring them, so be picky and tell them exactly what you want.
The company I hired is a well awarded roofer. They came in and gave me a portfolio of houses on my street they did in previous years. Short of me goingng up there and checking the roofing work, which I know little about past shingles, I couldn't really check their work.

At some point you have to trust, because you'll never know what these trades do in their entirety. You hire who is has top referrals, ask some questions, and after that there is some trust involved.

My point was that no matter what the pedigree of company, you can get screwed. I wasn't adding much more here past my refferal of what company it was via PM. Yes I guess I do have some blame, but I asked questions, went by refferal, and and picked a BBB company. What more do you expect?